You can add a grid directly in the grid administration page or create a custom field of type Grid Custom Field. This article describes how to create a grid.
Add grid from the Table Grid administration page
- In your Jira administration navigate to Add-ons
- On the left sidebar locate Table Grid admin menu
- Select Grids tab
- Add Grid using corresponding button on the top right corner of your screen
Associate the field to the appropriate screens. How to define a screen for a custom field
You need to define screens for the Grid custom field so you can see it on the issue.
Add a custom field of type Grid Custom Field
You can add multiple grid configurations for one grid using custom field configuration schemes.
- In your JIRA administration navigate to Issues - Custom fields - Add custom field
- Select a Field Type as Grid Custom Field form the list
- Add the field name and description
- Associate the field to the appropriate screens.
The field has been successfully created with the default configuration.
You can see list of grids in the Table Grid administration, under Grids tab.