Details about the Grid Custom Field configuration.
You can pre-populate the grid with static data. This article provides details on how to add default data to the grid.
One grid can have different configurations for each project. You can add a new context to the Grid custom field for various issues types in a particular context.
The grid configuration includes general settings tab. It helps you to customize the grid's general appearance and preview changes on the go.
Detailed description of the available column types. Check what columns you can use in a grid.
This guide will help you to configure a column. Let's start with adding a column to your grid.
You can add a grid directly in the grid administration page or create a custom field of type Grid Custom Field. This article describes how to create a grid.
Connect the grid to a REST or an SQL data source.
- REST data sources fields — Configuration and usage of the REST data source in the Table Grid Next Generation.
- SQL data sources — SQL data sources configuration and usage
- Data Mirror — Save the grid data dynamically in the external database.
- Jira fields data source — You can populate the grid with values from other Jira fields.
- JSON Path in REST data source — You can specify the direct path to an array inside the JSON with the help of JSONPath expressions. Data may be found and extracted out of JSON structures.
- Exporting and importing data source info — You can export or import information about a data source in a .json file. This speeds up the process of adding data sources.
- Filling a grid with data from REST or SQL data sources — You can fill your grids with data from an external data source when configuring a grid.
Add a drop-down list with options into a grid. Use the dynamic list to select options from the previously connected data source.
You can use any of the available types to specify a format of the date displayed in Date, Time and DateTime column type.
You can download the configuration of your grid as a .json file and then import it to another grid. It helps you to migrate grid configuration from one Jira to another and allows our support team to troubleshoot your problem faster.
Table Grid for Jira Cloud provides a set of date and time presets for Date, DateTime and Time column types. These presets are based on locale.
Get data from Jira objects and use them to populate the grid.
- Placeholder syntax and examples — You can use placeholders to get values from Jira elements and populate the grid with these values.
Create dependent columns like cascading select lists in a grid using column values placeholders.
Create tables with data that is not connected to any issues. Use the driving table as a data source for your grid.
Format the text in a grid using wiki makup.