Heads up about using Exalate to do migrations
Exalate is a synchronization solution, and therefore it can be used to copy data from one system to another - a typical migration functionality.
When considering using Exalate as a solution for your migration, take into account
- The transport and replication layer of Exalate is optimized for synchronization, and not for migration.
The consequence is that it will take much longer to transfer the data than a plain project import/export.
- Configurations are not migrated.
To copy the configuration of your projects revert to other tools
- Project customizations require custom synchronization rules
No project configuration is alike. Unless you are using a standard configuration of the underlying tracker (Jira, HP QC),
you will have to reserve time to develop and validate the synchronization rules.
We advise developing this capability in a staging environment.
- A number of issue fields cannot be updated due to the limitations of the tracker API's
- Dates such as createdate, resolutiondate, updatedate
- Issue creator
- Agile history
- Issue key
If you are looking to migrate from Jira Server to Jira Cloud - please check out the Jira Cloud Migration assistant which provides a lift and shift approach for migrations
Supporting your migration effort
We are happy to provide you with professional services to implement your migration.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the Exalate partners for a custom quote.