The Exalate Server for HP ALM/QC hosts the applications to translate the HP ALM/QC defect information to a common format and the way around.
The application requires JAVA and PostgreSQL.
Steps to install the Exalate Server for HP ALM/QC (or HPQCNODE)
Install and configure the database server (PostgreSQL 9.6)
Please follow the steps to install PostgreSQL on the exalate server as documented here https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/YUM_Installation
- the database server comes up when the server is booted
- the data directories are included in the backup strategy
Enable PostgreSQL to accept login with password
You will need to modify
/var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data/pg_hba.conf to require md5 for local IPv4 connections, such at the end of the file it does look like
Restart the database
- Needs Exalate for HPQC version 5.0 and higher
- For version lower than 5.0, please deploy Oracle Java version 1.8
Commands extracted from https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/install-java-8-on-centos-7/
Install the Exalate server for HP ALM/QC
You can download the Exalate server for HP ALM/QC RPM from here.
Install the latest version of the Exalate app for HP ALM/QC :
This will create these files:
- /opt/hpqcnode/data → Contains configuration files
- /opt/hpqcnode/logs → Contains log files
- /opt/hpqcnode/install → contains all the files (binaries) which are necessary for the application to run
- /etc/init.d/hpqcnode → Script which will allow start, stop and restart hpqcnode application
- /etc/sysconfig/hpqcnode → System properties
Copy dist files into prod files
Adapt configuration files
RUN_AS_USER variable to point to a valid user which will be running the application
Adapt /etc/sysconfig/hpqcnode parameters:
Start the application
Problems during the installation using yum
If you have problems during installation of the Exalate server for HP ALM/QC using yum, you can find logs describing possible problem inside
/tmp The name for this file is generated randomly automatically by the OS but you should be able to find the file based on the creation date.
In case of 'yum list postgresql*' error refer to the troubleshooting article.
Problems while running the Exalate server for HP ALM/QC
Logs will be generated under the directory:
/opt/hpqcnode/data/logs. Refer to these logs to get more information about possible problems and communicate with our support if you need any assistance.