Let's assume that john.doe is a regular user with no admin access to Jira.
The Jira has the following requisites:setup
- An Exalate connection.
- A Jira project where john.doe has access to issues. Let's call it Project A.
- A Jira project where john.doe has no access to issues. Let's call it Project B.
- Connect the issue manually:
- In Jira Server, navigate to More → Connect.
- In Jira Cloud, navigate to Exalate → Connect issues.
- Select the connection in the Connection dropdown.
- Enter the issue key of the restricted issue in the Remote issue key.
- Press Submit.
From now on, issues this issue in Project A (the public project) will receive data from issues the private issue of Project B (the restricted project).