This page includes information about possible ways to synchronize issues from Salesforce.
Exalate for Salesforce supports all the available objects.
As far as the Exalate application for Salesforce is installed on a separate server you need to trigger the synchronization process.
- To start issue synchronization you should create a trigger.
- To synchronize existing issues in-between within two instances use Bulk Connect.
How to create a trigger?
To configure the trigger, please follow the steps:
- Navigate to the Triggers tab in the Exalate admin menu
- Click Create Trigger
- Select the type of entity you want to synchronize
Select conditions to filter an object for synchronization. Depending on the entity type selected you will see different input fields.
Alternatively, you can enable search query. Use Salesforce Object Query Language to specify the filter query.
Check out the following search query examples for Opportunity:
This search query defines Opportunity stage as 'Prospecting' and Opportunity name that partially matches the word 'demo'
This search query defines an Opportunity exact name as 'demo opportunity' and its order number - 123
- Select the Connection you want to sync within Then sync with connection
Optionally, input information to keep a reference for the trigger in the Notes field
Enable the toggle to activate the trigger. In case the toggle is disabled, the trigger won't work
- To start the synchronization you need to Bulk Exalate on the trigger. It helps to synchronize all issues that fit the trigger search query. Check how to bulk Exalate issues.
- To stop the synchronization you need to Bulk Unexalate on the trigger. It helps to stop the synchronization of all issues that fit the trigger search query. Check how to bulk Unexalate issues.