This page includes information about possible ways to synchronize work items from the Azure DevOps project.
As long as the Exalate application for Azure DevOps is installed on a separate server, you need to trigger the work item synchronization.
- To start issue synchronization, you should create a trigger.
- To synchronize existing issues in-between within two instances, use Bulk Connect.
Make sure your Azure DevOps project has webhooks for the Work Item created and Work Item updated events.
You can check project webhooks under Azure DevOps - Project Settings - Service Hooks.
- Navigate to Project Settings - Service hooks
- Create a new subscription
- Choose Web Hooks under Service Hook types on the left and click Next
- Select Work item created event from the list and click Next
Add your Azure DevOps Exalate app URL + /azuredevops/webhooks
Add HTTP headers
- Set the resource version to 5.1-preview.3
- Click Finish
Repeat steps to create another Web Hook for Work Item Updated events
How to create a trigger?
To configure the trigger, please follow the steps:
1. Go to the Connections tab in the Exalate admin menu and select the connection to edit
2. Create trigger
3. Select what entity you would like to synchronize
4. Specify the search query in the If field
Use Work Item Query Language syntax to specify the query.
Toggle to activate the trigger. In case the toggle is disabled, the trigger won't work.
5. Add trigger
To start the synchronization you need to Bulk Exalate on the trigger. It helps to synchronize all issues, that fit trigger search query.
Azure DevOps search
Triggers use a WIQL (Work Item Query Language) to search Azure DevOps work items. Use the Work Item Query Language Syntax to create a search query.
You only need the conditions found in the WHERE clause of the WIQL to filter the work items. Check some examples below:
You can specify either the reference name or the friendly name. The following examples are valid WIQL syntax:
- Reference name with spaces:
- Friendly name with spaces:
Names without spaces don't require square brackets:
ID, Title, State