JIRA SERVER JIRA DATACENTER DEPRECATED
This approach is deprecated from version 4.7.0 - please check How to sync sprints in Jira on-premise for the latest approach.
This page describes how you can configure Sync Rules in order to synchronize the "Sprint" field on Jira Server.
- Source Instance
- Destination Instance
- A project with data on the source side
- Connection configured between Jira Instances.
We have one Jira instance, let's call it source side and another Jira instance which is a destination side. It doesn't matter which one is the source and which one is the destination since the project sync is bidirectional. The source-side agile project needs to be synced to the destination Jira instance. The destination side has a project to receive data from the source Instance.
Limitations and caveats
- Sprint start/completion date is not synchronized
- Agile history synchronization is not supported
- Sprint lifecycle is not implemented yet
- Sprints are only manipulated if there is an issue synchronized
- Sprint is created if the name of the sprint is not found
- An issue is only added to a single active or future sprint - the latest
- Boards need to exist beforehand
- Sprint naming conflicts can lead to the fact that an issue ends up in the wrong sprint
Let's consider you already have the Connection configured between two JIRA Instances.
Now you need to configure Sync Rules to sync agile information.
Scripts for the Cloud JIRA are different from the Server JIRA scripts.
Please be sure to copy appropriate scripts.
This module requires Exalate for Jira Server/DataCenter version 4.5.1 or higher
1. Create files from the Exalate public repository
We store external scripts for Jira Server in a public repository. Copy the code from the repositories below and create .groovy files. You must keep the file names as below.
2. Upload the files to $JIRA_HOME/scripts the directory
$JIRA_HOME/scripts directory is located on the server, where you have your Jira instance installed.
If you don't have scripts directory you should create it.
3. Configure Sync Rules with the scripts provided below:
Add the code from the repository accordingly into the bottom of the Sync Rules.