A proxy user is a JIRA user, that will be used to carry out any changes such as creating issues, updating data, adding comments and attachments, etc.
It's the user who impersonates external instances. All changes on local issues are performed on behalf of this user. You can use an existing user account or create a new one, specifically dedicated to the Exalate app.
Changes made by the proxy-user will not be synchronized.
If you set the administrator as a proxy user and create issues with the help of the 'create on behalf of ' Service Desk functionality, issues will not be synchronized.
Navigate to General settings in the Exalate admin menu to set the proxy user.
The following permissions are required:
- Create issue
- Edit issue
- Link issue
- Transition issue: change statuses (on issue transition)
- If comments are synchronized, the proxy user will need to add, edit, and delete a comment
- If attachments are synchronized, the proxy user needs to add, and delete attachments
- If work logs are synchronized, the proxy user needs to add, edit, and delete work log
- If security levels are synchronized, the proxy user needs to access the security levels
Jira Service Desk permissions