System integration is a profession and requires in most of the cases expert knowledge to set up correctly. Next to the synchronization itself, a good understanding of the underlying tracker technology is essential to do a proper integration project. And the whole project becomes more complicated when 2 or more independent parties are involved (such as when doing a cross-company integration).
Shouldn't the solution cover all these aspects
That's not possible.
The tooling is only a fraction of what needs to be agreed and implemented. Many aspects need to be looked at such as
- what information needs to be transferred at what point in time.
- What is the effect of such transmission, what are the allowable values and what are the semantic meaning of each field value,
- How are the mappings to be configured, under what condition
- How to validate and implement the synchronisation.
- what is the size of the information and performance requirements?
- How are the systems monitored, by whom?
- What are the escalation paths whenever something fails?
- What about security, networking, backups, and DR scenarios
Why professional services
Acquiring the knowledge to do a proper integration, requires time - a lot. It is not impossible but in most cases, it is advisable to outsource this type of project to experts who are dealing with these challenges on a daily basis.
Are there other options than outsourcing
We do provide a community site where assistance can be found on a voluntary basis.
The Exalate team will contribute if time allows. Support cases or paid-for professional services will get priority.