You can synchronize any two of the supported issue tracking platforms:
- JIRA Cloud
- JIRA Server
- Confluence Cloud
- HP QC/ALM
Jira to Jira Synchronization
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin drop-down and choose Add-ons.
- Locate Exalate Issue Sync for Jira 2 Jira & more
- Click Free Trial to install the app.
We provide a free evaluation period for 30 days. The evaluation period can be extended twice until 90 days.
Check Licensing and pricing for more details.
- Accept terms and agreements.
- You're all set! Get started to set up your first synchronization!
Now you can proceed to the configuration and set up the connection.
A proxy user is a user, that will be used to carry out any changes such as creating issues, updating data, adding comments and attachments, etc.
It's the user who impersonates external instances. All changes on local issues are performed on behalf of this user. You can use an existing user account or create a new one, specifically dedicated to the Exalate app.
Changes made by the proxy user will not be synchronized.
If you set the administrator as a proxy user and create issues with the help of the 'create on behalf of ' Service Desk functionality, issues will not be synchronized.
The proxy user configuration depends on the issue tracking platform.
- How to set a proxy user on Jira Cloud
- How to set a proxy user on Jira Server
- How to set a proxy user on Zendesk
- How to set a proxy user on Servicenow
How to set a proxy user on Jira Cloud
Atlassian creates the app user for Jira Cloud apps automatically. This user cannot be modified. The app user is a proxy user for Exalate.
The username is Exalate and email address is email@example.com.
The proxy user on Jira Cloud is a member of the following user-groups:
How to set a proxy user on Jira Server
Navigate to General settings in the Exalate admin menu to set the proxy user.
How to set up a proxy user on Zendesk
Navigate to Admin → Apps → Manage → Exalate app settings → App configuration
Exalate requires a dedicated Zendesk admin as a proxy user.
Input the proxy user email address and the token generated by that user. Check how to generate access token for more details.
How to set a proxy user on Exalate for Servicenow
- Log in to the Exalted admin console
- Navigate to General Settings
- Input details:
- Servicenow instance URL
- Proxy user name
- Proxy user password
The proxy user must have permissions to Create/Read/Update entities on ServiceNow instance. Check ServiceNow - Permissions for more details.
In ServiceNow, proxy users can sync tables or attributes based on the access from their user role. Check ServiceNow - Permissions for more information.
The following permissions are required:
- Browse Project
- Create issue
- Edit issue
- Link issue
- Transition issue: change statuses (on issue transition)
- If comments are synchronized, the proxy user will need to add, edit, and delete a comment
- If attachments are synchronized, the proxy user needs to add, and delete attachments
- If work logs are synchronized, the proxy user needs to add, edit, and delete work log
- If security levels are synchronized, the proxy user needs to access the security levels
- If you're using trigger the proxy user must be able to search issues.
Jira Service Desk permissions
Set up a Connection
Synchronization between two instances requires a configured Connection.
One side needs to initiate the connection and send an invitation to the partner - the Destination instance.
The other side needs to finish the configuration from their side.
You can synchronize Jira issues with different issue tracking platforms. For example, you can sync your JIRA Server with JIRA Cloud or with another Jira Server even if it's behind the firewall.
You can also sync local projects within the same Jira Instance. For more details check out the typical use cases.
To start synchronization with your partner - Initiate Connection.
If you have an Invitation code - Accept Invitation.
Synchronize an Issue
Go to an issue and use the Exalate operation to start synchronization.
Find out more ways to synchronize issues automatically.
Configure the synchronization behavior of your use case with the help of Jira Server configuration guides.