IssueLinks.groovy is only supported from exalate version 4.6.10 onwards.
This article shows how to synchronize issue links on Jira Server using External scripts library.
The script is an advanced way of syncing issue links. We recommend to use it in case you don't want the links to be overridden on the source in case the issue remote issue does not have any issue links.
This script does not override links to linked issues on the source side in case the remote side does not have any linked issue. If this is not your case we recommend to use simple issue links synchronization.
1. Create the file from the Exalate public repository
We store external scripts for Jira Server in a public repository. Copy the code from the repository below and create a .groovy file. You must keep the file names as below.
2. Upload the file with the external script
You need to upload the .groovy file into the scripts directory
External scripts library location
Jira Server: $JIRA_HOME/scripts
2. Call the script from the Sync Rules
Once all external .groovy files have been uploaded to the proper directory, you need to call the script from the Sync Rules.
Every .groovy file includes comments with a detailed explanation on how to use it. Please check the file comments.
- How to display the remote issue link in a custom field
- How to synchronize issue links to a custom field
- Example script on how to sync issue links on Jira Cloud
Back to External scripts library