Invitation code is a unique code that stores encrypted connection information:
- shared secret;
- information about the type of the connection with the Destination instance;
- Connection name;
- information about the Connection initiator
- Exalate app version, including supported features
- Instance type and version ( JIRA Server, JIRA Cloud, HP ALM/QC, GitHUb, Zendesk, Servicenow)
- Instance URL and Exalate URL
- Instance UID, which is a unique instance identifier
Instance UID helps to secure the invitation code and shared secret. It's used to ensure that invitation code will be applied only to the Instance you are connecting with.
The code would not apply to any other Instance, besides the one you are inviting to synchronize.
Invitation code inside the invitation message