This page shows how to start synchronization.
Navigate to the Connections tab in the Exalate admin menu
1. Initiate Connection
2. Choose Destination instance type
Based on the type Exalate knows how to communicate with the Destination Instance.
You can synchronize with the following types of instances:
- Public - the destination instance which is in a public network and you can access it from your side.
- Private - the destination instance which is in a private network or behind the firewall and you cannot access it from your side.
- Local - the destination is the same instance. Use the local connection to synchronize local projects
The configuration depends on the connection type.
3. Specify Connection information
Destination instance URL - available only for public connections
Instance short names are used to name both sides of the synchronization. The connection name is based on the instances' short names.
4. Choose sync rules template
The connection between instances requires sync behavior configuration on both sides. Exalate generates default sync rules to synchronize basic issue fields. You can adapt the Sync Rules later.
5. Initiate Connection
The connection has been successfully created. Your side is set up.
5. Send an invitation to your partner
Copy the invitation message and send it to the administrator of the destination side.
Connection Invitation helps to send a pre-configured invitation to your partner. It ensures that communication with the Destination Instance is correct and you can start syncing issues.
If your Connection is local, you don't need to send the invitation.
Once your partner Accepts the invitation, you can start syncing issues.
Once the other side accepts your invitation your connection will be activated. Refresh Connections page to see Connection status change.