This article describes how to sync issue links between JIRA Server Instances.
Send over the issue links
Add the script below in the Incoming sync of the Destination instance to receive issue links from the Source Instance.
You should separately synchronize all issues that are linked to a specific issue to keep an association between them on the Destination side.
- The default issue links synchronization behavior does not include merging issue links from the source and destination issues. One the issue has been synchronized, it will have the same links as the source issue.
- If you sync issue via multiple connections, issue links will be overwritten.
In case you don't want the source issue links to be overridden if the remote side doesn't have any issue links we recommend to use the external script IssueLinks.groovy.
See it in action
- Syncing issue links on Jira Server using an external script IssueLinks.groovy
- Example script on how to sync issue links on Jira Cloud
- How to display the remote issue link in a custom field
- Exalate for Jira on-premise: Syncing issue links to a custom field with Jira Issue Link API