By default, the proxy user is the user who installs Exalate.
To change the proxy user in the Navigate to General Settings → Proxy User in the Exalate admin menu to set the proxy user.
At the moment, there is a security vulnerability in Exalate, that lets you access private project data with the Connect operation. We recommend making sure, that the proxy user has access only to private projects.
In Jira on-premise, the proxy user needs to have the following permissions:
- Browse Project.
- Create issue.
- Edit issue.
- Link issue.
- Transition issue: change statuses (on issue transition).
- If comments are synchronized, the proxy user will need to add, edit, and delete a comment.
- If attachments are synchronized, the proxy user needs to add, and delete attachments.
- If work logs are synchronized, the proxy user needs to add, edit, and delete work logs.
- If security levels are synchronized, the proxy user needs to access the security levels.
- If you're using trigger the proxy user must be able to search issues.
Jira Service Desk permissions