After you specify which projects to sync, you can add field mapping: determine what fields you need to sync.
The visual mode supports a basic set of fields that can be mapped between instances.
You can map the fields of the corresponding data types. For example:
- description ↔ description
- summary ↔ summary
- comments ↔ comment
- attachments ↔ attachment
- status ↔ status
- assignee ↔ assignee
- reporter ↔ reporter
- issue type ↔ issue type
- priority ↔ priority
- description ↔ summary
- text custom field ↔ text custom field
- option custom field(single select) ↔ option custom field (single select)
- text custom field ↔ option custom field (single select)
Mapping is available by default after you create a connection for some basic fields:
- issue types
Custom Fields Mapping
You can map text and option custom fields.
When you set up a connection between instances, Exalate gets a list of the available custom fields.
Supported custom field types:
- text: single and multi-line (Jira Cloud, Zendesk)
- option/select ist ( Jira Cloud)
- user picker (Jira Cloud)
- drop-down list (Zendesk)
You can select how to map custom fields between instances from the drop-down when configuring the mapping.
Custom fields are exchanged between instances when creating a connection.
It means that you need to use script rules to configure custom field synchronization for previously created connections.
How to set up field mapping
1. Go to field mapping rules.
- To start setting up field mapping in a new connection, click Next after configuring sync scope.
- To begin field mapping in an existing connection, navigate to Connection →
2. Click Add mapping.
In visual mode, you can map standard and custom fields.
Custom fields are exchanged between instances when creating a connection. If you need to sync custom fields in an existing connection, you need to use scripts.
Click Add script to add a script.
3. Configure details.
Select fields and sync direction.
Specify what to do if the value doesn't exist on the receiving side in the list If no matching value.
The list consists of the following options:
Option If the value doesn't exist Set a default value Fields will be set to a default value Report an error An error will appear Do nothing The values stay the same